The Baby Shower was a success! Three Sweaters and one Baby Blanket; all blocked, all ends woven in and all sweaters had buttons....all completed before the guests arrived. Sweet!
- 3 mo size Baby Cardigan in Worsted weight
- 6 mo size Striped Baby Cardigan in Fingering weight
- 8 - 10 yr old Pullover Hoodie in Worsted weight
- Little Prince Reversible Baby Blanket - new design.
The Little Prince Reversible Baby Blanket is my latest design utilizing a broken chevron (in a fashion) with a beautiful seed stitch border. I used one of my favorite baby blanket yarns, Cascade 220 Superwash Sport that is both machine washable and dry-able....very Mommy friendly!
Cascade 220 Superwash Sport is a washable merino wool with 136 yards/125 meters in each hank that is super soft for new baby. Cascade has so many colors to choose from. Used 6.5 hanks. Love this yarn!
Little Prince Reversible Baby Blanket Pattern is available on Ravelry.com and LoveKnitting.com. The pattern is easy to memorize and will surely become the next family heirloom.
I've given myself to Christmas to complete:
- Bowline Big Brother Pullover by tincanknits - on the needles, body complete, working on neckline, then on to sleeves.
- Reversible Throw Blanket for Big Brother - new blanket design.....I'm very excited about this one....its different than anything I have done till now....I love changing it up. Stay tuned, I'll post some preview pics soon.
Of course, I always like to set some hefty goals and think I might just be able to complete before Christmas
- a cowl for the new Mommy - a new design
- a pair of socks for the new Daddy (this may be a lofty goal or down right crazy)
I may be pushing it a bit, since I have 50" x 60" Throw to complete.....its good to dream....right???
And then before January, I want to knit...
- Barley Baby Hat by tincanknits
- some kind of Baby Boy Booties, I'm open to any suggestions. Do you have any favorites?
Until next time....Happy Knitting!