Another Baby is on the way, its a boy and due in January near the Great Lakes. Winter near the Great Lakes can be extra cold and windy and is the perfect excuse to knit lots of sweaters, hats and blankets for our new "bundle of joy" , keeping him warm and cozy.
Little ones are so much fun to knit for ....... sweater projects go a little faster than blankets, unless of course, fingering/sock weight yarn is chosen. Yes, I did that.
BUT..... when big brother is involved it takes on a whole new life form. Brothers with matching sweaters will be so cute and perfect for a photo opp. For the matching sweaters, I chose Bowline by tincanknits, pattern is available on Ravelry. For those who are extra industrious, the pattern is sized to knit one for Daddy too.
Plans for Baby and Big Brother projects are multiplying. I have started several, finished knitting two, but so far, nothing is entirely finished. I have been able to use yarn from my stash and in some cases, I did have to buy new yarn, either because I didn't have enough yardage for a particular project or there was a specific color request.
The project list and progress so far, with some pics of work in progress:
- Baby Cardigan 3 month size (worsted weight) is completed, just need to sew on buttons. Stash yarn.
- Baby Pullover, Bowline by tincanknits, newborn size (light worsted weight); the body is half finished. Used Stash yarn.
- Baby Cardigan 6 month size (fingering weight); body complete, working on 1st sleeve, noticed I may have bound off body too soon, will have to go back and adjust. Used Stash yarn.
- Baby Blanket, new design - about half way complete. Used Stash yarn. Details and pictures to follow.
- Big Brother Hoodie, Pure and Simple pattern; sweater complete, blocked.....just need a button. New yarn purchased.
- Big Brother Blanket, new design - have yarn, still working on the design and have not cast-on. Will use Stash yarn.
- Big Brother Pullover, pattern Bowline by tincanknits, (worsted weight) have cast-on, about a quarter of the way up the body. Used Stash yarn. Will update pictures when knitting is a further along.
- Baby Boy Booties/Shoes need to decide on pattern, open to suggestions.
- Baby Hat need to decide on a pattern, open to suggestions.
The Baby Shower is in a couple of weeks. I will have the gifts ready in two time frames: for the Shower and sometime before the delivery date. For the Shower, I'm shooting to have completed 1 - 2 baby sweaters, big brother hoodie and/or baby blanket. Still have quite a bit of knitting, blocking and seaming to do before the Shower.
Excited about the our new arrival! Whew! Lots of knitting.....this is what we live for.....
JOY for all.......Happy Knitting!