Isn't that the truth?
In so many ways......
- at the dinner table.....yikes, love handles
- daudling and missing something.....like the next train
- endorsing something that you were on the fence about
- for the competative sort, when only first will do
- or in my case, making a second version of a knitting pattern.
Let me explain....
Usually I will make a second or third version to see how the pattern design holds up to different types of fiber blends or yarn weights.
The upside of this is.....
- I get a second version of a pattern I really like
- I get to experience another scrumptious yarn
- and in my case, there is no such thing as having too many wraps, scarves or shoes...just saying
The downside is.....
- it takes me longer to publish the next pattern
- in the long run, it makes me antsy to work on something new
- and in some cases (of late) that the second version doesn't get finished, with thoughts that it will be worked on between projects OR get buried in the closet with other unfinished projects, each in their pretty project bag. Oh the guilt!
Arguably, one could say, SWATCHING.
Yes, swatching in different yarns could accomplish the desired affect of understanding the knitting patterns nuances. BUT then there is a new guilt of having wound yarn that really should be knit into something in a reasonable amount of time. AND I wouldn't have a second version pretty wrap/scarf.
With that being said, I proudly present ....
.....my second Lyric Opera Lace Scarf, in the gorgeous Grinning Gargoyle Yarn, Lux Lace, 875 yards of 70/20/10% Baby Alpaca, Silk, Cashmere Blend in Signature Red. The Lyric Opera Lace pattern is available on Ravelry.
I must say, I do love it!
Can't wait to wear it!
This was totally worth getting into trouble over.... including all the guilt and complaining!